Wednesday, February 10, 2010

NOTD: Make Up Store Siw

Siw is the first Make Up Store polish I ever bought, I've picked up a couple more after painting this on. This is the best holo in my collection, there's no contest. It doesn't look like much in the bottle but I decided to give it a chance anyway. Painted it on, still nothing. Waited a few minutes until it was fully dried and was shocked. Super mega holo goodness! Like superhero holo! These pictures don't do it justice, and I guess the holo extraordinaire freaked my camera out so it didn't pick up much of the base colour, which is a icy blue.

Make Up Store Siw
Overcast daylight

Make Up Store Siw
Flash on lowest setting (mimics sunlight or lamplight)

This is three coats with base and top coat, application wasn't exactly anything to rave about. As you can see I still have some bald spots on my ring and pinky, the only trick to apply this is to have plenty of polish on the brush and work FAST. Never do more than 3 strokes on the nail then let it dry properly before next coat. I didn't have enough patience and got bald spots anyway, but thankfully you can't really see them in person cause of all the holoness going on. Another con is the price, at $16 a bottle I didnt't exactly go shopping crazy even though they had many colours I found pretty. Is it worth the price? For the holo's I'd say yes but I'm a real holo lover and I'm always on the look out for new ones. But for the rest of the collection I'd expect them to apply themselves for $16, you can probably find a much cheaper dupe or atleast a good enough substitute. I did pick up one creme to see what the formula is like, will it apply itself or not? I have yet to find out!

20 comments:

Lucy said...

Verrrrrry pretty!

yardsticks 4 lunatics said...

KA-CHOW! That's cool!

Anonymous said...

o I loooooove this. I'm a holo freak and that is gorgeous

Anonymous said...

That's gorgeous, love how it looks in the second picture!

Rebecca said...

Ooh! Good to se some Makeup Store reviews. I discovered it in Oslo last summer and when I move there, I feel that I will be purchasing quite a few of their producst. I already have 2 of their eyeshadows which I love can't wait to sample the polish.
I remember there was a great range of colours in all their products.

It would be great to see some more reviews of this brand! This holo is gorgeous.

Unknown said...

Now this is a holo! =O
Magnificent!

Paige said...

That is gorgeous!

Sasha said...

Wow! Amazing.... I have OPI DS Coronation that I've been meaning to try and this reminds me I need to do that.

Witoxicity said...

Wowee! This holo is too nice for words!

Crystal Polish said...

I have never heard of this brand before. I do not know if I will try it out since it is 16 dollars a bottle. The holo is pretty great thought!

Meetzorp said...

Where do you get this stuff in the US? I was totally coveting the silver and the gold holo.

MCA said...

Bottle Openernewport beach house
Silver is beautiful. love for me!: x

thrillpier said...

This new graphics
card deploys two already-potent Radeon HD5870 cores running at 850MHz.
Quail Westretractable banner stands

whatlivemom said...

My Samsung Galaxy went through a wash cycle in my LG washer. Turned it on, and it worked like a charm. Now drying it with rice.
bean bag chairsonline texting

whatlivemom said...

If House was online we'd have most definitely just streamed them because it'd be so fast to move through the episodes with no delivery delay. Sometimes we'd plough through 4 episodes a night.
security shop auf rechnung kaufenEurope VDE ac power cord

whatlivemom said...

In this extended version of our 2012 Game Day commercial, the sporty, all-new 2012 Volkswagen Beetle inspires Bolt the dog to get in shape, and an intergalactic...
Alcohol Rehab Center in FloridaFree Car Insurance Rates

whatlivemom said...

Great composition. The intersecting lines are awesome!
Auto WarrantyAuto Insurance Guide

whatlivemom said...

It doesn't come out till 2013 but I'm already excited about it and you can read more about it by clicking on the announcement below. Way to go Mitch!
holiday harvey bayhome floor plans

Unknown said...

In this extended version of our 2012 Game Day commercial, the sporty, all-new 2012 Volkswagen Beetle inspires Bolt the dog to get in shape, and an intergalactic...
clasificadosaccounting and finance job list

Wedding invitation videos said...

Free Online Invitation And Save The Date Video Maker Cum
Indian Wedding invitation video maker online free
Wedding Invitation Videos | Best Save the Date Videos
Wedding Invitation Video Maker Online Wedding Invitation Video
Wedding Invitation Video Maker | E Invites
Free Indian Invitation Cards & Video Maker | Online Invitations

About Me

My Photo
Anna
Naptown, La La Land, Sweden
Nail Nerd by day, Ninja by night! My favourite things are informercials and thumb tacs... NO! It's nails of course! and ninjas. Nails and ninjas.. yup!
View my complete profile

Nail Art Contest?

Search This Blog

Labels


Recent Comments

Contest!

200 Followers Contest! - CLOSED

Member Of

The Polish Blogger Network!

Other Nails Nerds

Where are my Readers?

My Favourite Blogs