Tuesday, November 24, 2009

NOTD: Classic French

Hi everyone!

The past few days I've sported a classic french. This was my favourite look a few years ago but have barely worn it since so I thought it'd be a nice change from all the colorful nails.
For this I used 2 coats of Essie Blanc (white creme) for the tips and one coat of Essie Mademoiselle (sheer pastel pink).
I freehanded the tips and cleaned up with a manicure brush where it was needed. Don't really like those tipguides you sometimes get in french manucure sets, think they're not curved enough for my small nails and the "smile-line" turns out almost straight. I've seen some girls who get fantastic results with them tho, wish I would too. Bet it'd be a time saver!

Ignore the dry cuticles, saw it after I had moved the pictures to the computer.


It was so unusual to see my nails almost nude so I had to add a konad flower!
Used M36 and M36-1 (M36 reversed) with China Glaze Devotion.


Materials I used L to R: Nail-Tek f.II, Seche Clear, Essie Blanc, Essie Mademoiselle, China Glaze Devotion, Posché Fast Drying Top Coat, Konad M36-1 and a manicure clean up brush, this one from Debra Lynn.

I used Seche Clear instead of Orly Bonder for this, hoping it would brighten my nails some.. it didn't =(
Anyone have any good tips on how to brighten your nails? Anyone tried Color Clubs Milky White basecoat?

Thanks for reading!

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Anna
Naptown, La La Land, Sweden
Nail Nerd by day, Ninja by night! My favourite things are informercials and thumb tacs... NO! It's nails of course! and ninjas. Nails and ninjas.. yup!
View my complete profile

Nail Art Contest?

Search This Blog

Labels


Recent Comments

Contest!

200 Followers Contest! - CLOSED

Member Of

The Polish Blogger Network!

Other Nails Nerds

Where are my Readers?

My Favourite Blogs