Wednesday, January 6, 2010

NOTD: Essie Midnight Cami meets Nfu-Oh #52

I just can't stop looking at my nails! As you know I recieved some Nfu-Oh's recently in a swap with Kirsten, but I hadn't tried them out on my nails yet. Experimented some on fake nail tips to figure out nice combinations for layering, this was one of them. But it's just so much better on the nails, check it!

Nfu-Oh #52 over Essie Midnight Cami

Nfu-Oh #52 over Essie Midnight Cami with flash

The happy couple! L to R: Essie Midnight Cami and Nfu-Oh #52


This is 2 coats of Essie Midnight Cami with one coat of Nfu-Oh #52. It's absolutely stunning, it's like a flakey duochrome. It shifts between blue and green depending on the lighting and I think I've seen some purple flash by a few times, and it has shimmer and flakies. All that mashed up in to one manicure is just awesome overload! The top picture shows how it looks in daylight, can really see the green and blue flakies pop on the blue bottom. The flash picture is how it looks right now in lamp light, it's just packed with green shimmer, looks like an emerald green shimmer fest! I keep moving my hands around to see how it changes in different lights, the pictures just don't do this manicure justice. It's impossible to capture everything that is going on with this polish, I need a friggin' video blog or something! As for application, the Essie is an Essie, never had any problems with them. It might have been a tiny bit runny but that seems to be common with dark blue colours and I'm always a little extra careful when applying them, it took 2 coats to get opaque. I had expected the Nfu-Oh to be more sheer but one coat was enough to get that shimmer and flakie madness going on. I need to try this beauty on it's own, it's real base colour is purple so it can't be anything else than fabulous! I definitely need to get my hands on a few more Nfu-Oh's when my budget allows it.
Happy hump day everyone!

14 comments:

Paige said...

Drool..........

Anonymous said...

Very pretty combination! I really need to check those Nfu-Oh polishes out

Kirsten (The Dutch Nail Blog) said...

It looks so much better on you than it did on me!

Unknown said...

Great combo, I love the flakies....they make me happy!

Unknown said...

A match made in heaven!
How lovely nfu-oh is...

rijaH said...

Hahah i lol'ed of the happy couple picture :P

Anonymous said...

Lovely Nails as always! Love the Colors! NEED MORE PIE!!! VIVA LA BON JOVI!

Unknown said...

WOW! very beautiful! great match!

Xuan-An said...

Wow! Very pretty! I love your nails!

Solveig said...

The Nfu-Oh flakies are to die for! Check out my new year's mani with Nfu-Oh #50 on my blog. :)

Gejba said...

Gorgeous combination. Mani looks alive.

whatlivemom said...

Chinese government caught stealing American secret for nasty food additive.
NAIL TECHNICIANSporcelain marker boards

Unknown said...

The Nfu-Oh flakies are to die for! Check out my new year's mani with Nfu-Oh #50 on my blog. :)
clasificadosaccounting and finance job list

Kamen said...

The happiness of the bee and the dolphin is to exist. For man it is to
know that and to wonder at it.
____________________
legetøj.dkWatford video company

About Me

My Photo
Anna
Naptown, La La Land, Sweden
Nail Nerd by day, Ninja by night! My favourite things are informercials and thumb tacs... NO! It's nails of course! and ninjas. Nails and ninjas.. yup!
View my complete profile

Nail Art Contest?

Search This Blog

Labels


Recent Comments

Contest!

200 Followers Contest! - CLOSED

Member Of

The Polish Blogger Network!

Other Nails Nerds

Where are my Readers?

My Favourite Blogs