Wednesday, January 20, 2010
7:13 PM | Posted by Anna | Edit Post
I've finally swatched the Orly polishes I got, all but 2 anyway. So I'll show you the Bloom colours today and Sweet tomorrow
Thorned Rose was the one colour out of the 3 I didn't find appealing at first. In the bottle it looks like a dark berry red creme, but I was wrong! It's a blood red jelly and it's really pretty on the nail. I can definitely see myself wearing this again, it makes me think of vampires. This is 3 coats, it was kind of opaque after 2 but I had some lighter areas and did another coat to even it out.
Wandering Vine is everything I had hoped Enchanted Forest (Orly Fall 2009) would be. I wore that shade once and then I trade it off, it just fell flat on me. This on the other hand is gorgeous! Pretty dark green creme, that looks green in pretty much all lights. It's shiney and I love this colour. Took 2 coats for it to be opaque and it went on smoothly.
Blushing Bud is a hot pink creme. Nothing spectacular about it, but I didn't own any pinks like this so it was very welcomed in to my collection. I like pinks, even though I tell myself I don't when I go polish shopping, hardly any pinks end up in my basket and I'm not sure why. This colour looks brighter and almost with a neon touch in some lights and like a regular hot pink creme in others. It would have been opaque in one coat if I had been a little more careful, but I had to do two to even it out. The formula was a little thick and I think I might thin it a little to make it easier to work with next time.
I ended up liking all 3 of the colours Orly sent me from this collection. Wandering Vine was my favourite as I had thought but Thorned Rose was a surprise and is a very close 2nd. I'm really happy they sent it to me cause I would never have bought it myself judging from how it looks in the bottle. Over all the formula was good and they were easy to work with, and the colours were gorgeous even though they kind of feel like fall colours more than spring to me.
*Products courtesy of LaForce + Stevens
- Naptown, La La Land, Sweden
- Nail Nerd by day, Ninja by night! My favourite things are informercials and thumb tacs... NO! It's nails of course! and ninjas. Nails and ninjas.. yup!
- NOTD: Glitter Gal 3D Dark Purple
- NOTD: Glitter Gal 3D Copper
- Coming Up: Glitter Gal Holographic Polishes
- NOTD: China Glaze Dorothy Who?
- Giveaway Reminder!
- Polish Bloggers Network: Lacquer Link Love 1/22/10...
- Orly Sweet Swatches
- Orly Bloom Swatches
- NOTD: China Glaze Octa Gone Wild
- Polish Bloggers Network: Lacquer Link Love 1/15/10...
- NOTD: Viva la Diva Fall #4 + Konad
- Coming up: Orly Spring and Summer Collections
- NOTD: Glitter Gal 3D Electric Blue
- NOTD: P2 Glory
- You've Got Nail Giveaway!
- The Story About the Missing Followers Box!
- NOTD: Orly Happily Ever After
- Nail Art: Burberry Print
- NOTD: Essie Midnight Cami meets Nfu-Oh #52
- NOTD: Zoya Yasmeen
- Tip and Toe Care: Part 4 At Home Manicure
- Beautiful Blogger Award!
- No Nails but a New Blog Design
- My First Giveaway!
- Viva la Diva Fall 2008 Swatches
- ▼ January (25)